Getting started with Sign-Up.to
This quick start guide will help get you up to speed in no time. Be it email, SMS or social marketing, you’ll be able to import your existing data, collect new subscriber details, create campaigns, schedule them for delivery and analyse the results from your first campaign! So what are you waiting for? Get started now…
Links below will take you to tutorials on the relevant subject.
- If you have an existing database of contacts that have opted in to receive information from you then you can format your data as a csv file and import directly into your Sign-Up.to account.
- If you only have a few subscribers, you can create a new list and then add each subscriber individually.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have any subscribers yet. Creating a data capture form to embed on your website or Facebook page is a simple and effective way to start building a list.
- Campaign Designer requires no previous knowledge of HTML. Our drag and drop articles and tools to insert images, links, personalisation and social sharing buttons with just a few clicks make email design easy. Take a look at some of the free super customisable templates we offer or code your own template.
- Classic Editor is a traditional WYSIWYG editor, allowing you to edit the code as well as the layout directly. We recommend this for clients who are familiar with HTML and designing for emails and who are comfortable with nested tables.
- Code View is for those to whom HTML is a second language or for clients who have HTML ready prepared from a designer. Simple copy and paste the code into the editor and your campaign will be created. Don’t forget that email design requires all your CSS to be in line using span tags and nested tables.
Once you’ve created your email, don’t forget to preview your campaign before you send it. This gives you the opportunity to make sure it looks exactly how it should in your email inbox as all email clients display HTML emails slightly differently. Inbox Testing is also available in all Sign-Up.to accounts and shows you previews of how your email will appear in the ten most popular email clients.
Once you’ve created a beautiful email, Sign-Up.to makes it easy to send it exactly when and to whom you want.
- Schedule campaigns to send up to a year in advance.
- Send to one list, all your contacts or a selection of lists. You can even exclude subscribers who appear on specific lists.
- Segment your data using subscriber profile fields and use these as a filter to target certain contacts.
- Run an email split test to compare the success of different subject lines and content.
- Use our powerful Marketing automation tool to automatically send emails to subscribers who perform specific actions such as opening your campaign or clicking on a link, on a special occasion such as their birthday or when they’re first added to a list through a data capture form.
We provide a wide range of marketing email analysis tools so you can view the results of your email campaign and determine how successful it was. Use these metrics to improve the effectiveness of your campaigns and get the best ROI.
Before you can use any of our SMS services you must first set up your SMS keyword. This enables you to receive incoming SMS messages from your subscribers by using our unique shortcode, 61211 (UK only) or our long number +44 (0)7624 802887 (international).
You can also use the SMS feature in your account to set up a text to subscribe service, allowing people to text in a keyword and their email address to subscribe to receive information from you.
Use Campaign manager to create an SMS campaign to catch your subscribers on the go, perfect for those time sensitive messages. You can include personalisation in your messages and unsubscribe information.
Sign-Up.to allows you to schedule your SMS campaign up to 12 months in advance.
Use the Analyse section to view your delivery reports. Click on any of the numbers for a further breakdown of the statistics and see how successful your campaign was.
Our Share feature allows you to manage and analyse your social marketing as easily as you manage your email and SMS campaigns.
Integrate your Facebook pages and Twitter feeds with your Sign-Up.to account.
Create and share
- Publish posts, photos and links directly to your Facebook pages and Twitter feeds – share them now or schedule them for the future.
- Share your latest email campaign with your social followers.
- View and manage social posts you’ve scheduled to be published.
Key performance statistics such as reach/impressions, link clicks, number of likes/retweets and comments/replies are available in all Sign-Up.to accounts through our Share tool.